Out of the listed Linux flavors for ICG server, is there any one in particular that is preferred, or most commonly deployed for this purpose?
Mainly Debian, then Ubuntu I would say. My own personal preference is CentOS (but not officially supported🙃)
Thank you. I have to stand up a new ICG (I upgraded to 2.x from the 1.x appliance and am having issues), and wish there was an appliance, but I’m sure I’ll manage getting a Linux VM up with some Googling if needed.
I liked headless ubuntu
@member upgrading from 1.x to 2.x isn’t supported kb.igel.com/igelicg-2.01/en/updating-the-icg-19181712.html
Setup a new VM (see picture).
The appliance is no longer maintained as well. Just install a Linux VM like that kb.igel.com/igelicg-2.01/en/preparing-the-linux-machine-19181657.html
@member me too. I use Ubuntu Server – just include the OpenSSH server during installation 🙂
Thanks for the feedback. I’ll be installing a new ICG VM soon-ish. Still reviewing notes on ensuring a seamless transition for our remote devices
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What is the prefered Linux server for IGEL ICG?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”