any ideas on what might cause a laptop running UDP to lose network connection and then power off?
Power off, like in a expected shutdown or like a crash? Did you tried a different UDP and USB Port on laptop side?
It’s my boss using one of the UDPs that was given away at an event I attended last year. it was the only one available until today when we received our first order, but he is over 2 hours away. I have him testing with a different laptop now. If he has the issue with the different laptop, then I will have him try from a different location. He said “hard shutdown.” I asked if that meant powered off, and he said “yes”
Is this the same behaviour as when the UDP is unplugged mid session? I wonder if there is an issue with either the USB port, or the connectors on the UDP
That‘s the reason why I asked if UPD or USB Port was changed after crash: unplugging UDP will cause an immediate Power Off
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What might cause a laptop running IGEL UD Pocket to lose network connection and then power off?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?