Hi, My IGEL ICG on AWS (Ubuntu 2020) connects perfectly with my local UMS (CentOS 8.x), recognizing my UD-Pocket. I need to make an RDP connection from the UD-Pocket to a Windows Server on the UMS local network. What ports or Firewall rules should I implement to make the connection?
Hi Carlos, just in case I have to mention that centOS is not officially supported with Igel Products. That being said, it works😉
You mean which Ports need to be opened on your Firewall for a RDP connection?
3389 TCP / UDP is a good start.
Opening this port on your external firewall I would not recommend. Or are you using the ud-pocket on internal network ?
No, I use the UD-Pocket exclusively from an external network.
Currently the configuration is as follows:
I would not expose RDP 3389 to external. There where a lot of attacks using ‘blue keep’ vulnerability and likely more others to come.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What ports or Firewall rules should I implement to make the connection from IGEL OS through IGEL ICG AWS (Ubuntu 2020)’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?