Hello All. Looking to explore option of setting up repos in various geo location. What protocols are supported by the client? I have seen references in this thread to HTTP(S), FTP, and SFTP, any others? i.e NFS, SMB, etc…
i would recommend HTTPS since it is most compatible with all the ways IGEL provides Files (FW Updates, CPs, Certificates, Files, Boot Logo, Wallpaper etc)
I currently use SFTP in our environment and it seems to work pretty well for Firmware Updates & Custom Partition Updates/Deployments.
Thanks all, HTTPS seem to be the way to go. Was looking at Azure Blobs, just worried with their HTTP option anyone can pull files, my company does not support using Blob on our internal vNets
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What protocols are supported by the IGEL OS client to help with setting up firmware update repos?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?