What reg key do I need to enable to allow Firefox to pass the computer name to a website? We’ve got an internal website that authenticates based on a database of known computer names that can see the patients at said site and I’m getting a deny error. Latest UMS and latest OS
Would the firefox option to “hide local filesystem” be affecting that? That could potentially prevent the browser from accessing various sources on the device.
is it working on general on a standard firefox version? If yes, if you have the about:config setting we can set it through a profile.
In addition to @member suggestion, the Apparmor can also affect a few functions (Registry,system.security.apparmor)
I’ll verify it works on standard firefox first. Hadnt seen that apparmor section, will look there too. Thanks!
It does not work on Firefox on Windows 10 either. Or Ubuntu. Tried those two settings and no luck. Going to keep looking around
I keep my fingers crossed! If you find a way, would you be so kind to share it with us?
I’ll be glad to. Definitely an odd one.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What reg key do I need to enable to allow Firefox to pass the computer name to a website on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”