Question regarding the Active Directory / LDAP Service configuration in UMS. Does the user name in the configuration need to be a domain admin? Unfortunately I am using my own admin account which is a major non best practice. I wanted to use like a service account or something. Anyone have any ideas?
No, a normal Service Account with AD Read rights is sufficient!
I did it with a normal domain member (nogroups) works just fine. Just give it a proper mean PW 😉
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! That is one of the things I harp about when I do AD Health Checks/Assessments. NO service account should have DA rights. To do LDAP Queries, all you need is an account that is a member of Domain Users and has a very secure password.
Agreed. This is just what I did. Thank you all for replies. The community is so awesome.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What rights does the IGEL UMS Active Directory / LDAP Service require?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?