What’ the best way to use mobile devices (Samsung Android or iPhone) within a Citrix session on an Igel UD3-LX 51? The user needs to access the photo’s located on the mobile device from within the Citrix session on an Igel UD3-LX 51
I would go for the MTP Access and then Map the device into your Session: kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.100/en/using-mobile-device-access-24385272.html kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.100/en/using-mobile-device-access-24385272.html
thanks for the swift reply @member. I already read that but I’m a bit hesitant to use it because of the following warning message _”Feature with limited support! The mobile device access feature comes with “limited support”. This feature is offered ‘as is’ without any warranty. Any support for this feature is provided on a non-binding, “best effort” basis.”_
Right, since every vendor like Apple, Canon, Samsung, etc… is improving their SW we cannot guarantee that the MTP Integration will work to 100%.
thanks for the feedback. there is no other way to “map” the mobile device within a Citrix session on an Igel LX thin client?
You could try the USB Redirection instead but it works less performant (if it works) from what I‘ve seen.
ok, thanks @member. I guess there are only 2 options: MTP or USB redirection for Citrix, right?
Without having to implement USB Network Boxes, yes, right.
We tell our users to leverage Cloud storage like OneDrive to upload their photos and access them from there in the virtual desktop.
thanks for the help! much appreciated
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘What’ the best way to use mobile devices (Android or iPhone) within a Citrix session on an IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?