Whats the best way to release a license from a device after factory converting it? I know you can remove from the portal, but i’m trying to apply a demo license to test out the IGEL Cloud Gateway. When I reimage the device after factory resetting it, it still seems to retain the license. Or is it grabbing that information from the portal?
You would have to remove it from the portal, then from device licenses in UMS, then finally off the device itself
So the device isn’t storing it in a separate partition that doesn’t get wiped?
It is in a special partition
The local licenses are stored in “/license/dsa/licenses”, but it is read only. Once you remove the license from the portal and UMS, you _can_ remound that parition as rw and delete them
but if you don’t remove them from UMS/License portal they will just come back
Thank you. I was able to get it taken care of.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Whats the best way to release an IGEL license from a device after factory converting it? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?