Whats the best way to release a license from a device after factory converting it? I know you can remove from the portal, but i’m trying to apply a demo license to test out the IGEL Cloud Gateway. When I reimage the device after factory resetting it, it still seems to retain the license. Or is it grabbing that information from the portal?
You would have to remove it from the portal, then from device licenses in UMS, then finally off the device itself
So the device isn’t storing it in a separate partition that doesn’t get wiped?
It is in a special partition
The local licenses are stored in “/license/dsa/licenses”, but it is read only. Once you remove the license from the portal and UMS, you _can_ remound that parition as rw and delete them
but if you don’t remove them from UMS/License portal they will just come back
Thank you. I was able to get it taken care of.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Whats the best way to release an IGEL license from a device after factory converting it? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”