Hi guys, I am currently experiencing an issue the I am adding IGEL thin clients into the UMS. We can add a thin client into the UMS but when we go to add a second thin client it seems to have the same unit ID as the first one and ends up “overwriting” it in the UMS. In the past, the unit ID was the same as the MAC address. We currently have ~4 thin clients that are experiencing this problem. Is there a way that I can change the unit ID of a thin client?
Did you by chance clone an igel image to use for deployment? If you do, make sure there is no network adapter or it sets the unit ID based upon that MAC.
Sorry for my late response. As far as we aware we never cloned an image. The only thing that we have cloned in the past are profiles. The thin clients that are having this issue just got pulled out of their box.
To change the unit id use this command in a terminal window or in the CTRL+ALT+F12 window:
“1” should be then chosen to set the unit Id according the MAC address
That seems to have worked. Thank you!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘When adding a second thin client it seems to have the same unit ID as the first one and ends up “overwriting” it in the UMS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS