Hi all – when authenticating to the domain the logon process can take a good 10-20 seconds (saying ‘validating logon’) before it gives me my desktop icons – any idea what it’s doing and how I can maybe speed it up?
Are you sure all Subnets are defined in AD Sites & Services? If DHCP is running on a DC, are DHCP and DNS configured to interact properly?
Hi Steve, just in addition to Carls point:
Which Firmware are you using? Time concordance is given, I mean NTP between Igel, DC, etc? DNS is configured via DHCP or Profile? Did you configured a few domain controllers here: kb.igel.com/igelos/en/domains-realms-2720981.html ? Did you checked that the AD DC are reachable from the endpoint side (Ping, Port 464 TCP/UDC)?
Yeah there are no blocked ports, all subnets are setup in AD, DNS is from DHCP. I’ll try doing some captures on the firewalls see if I can see anything obvious
Oh this is latest v10 firmware – 10.06.130
Is this on first boot, or if the machine has already booted? We saw something similar to this on machines that were “cold” booted, where they were waiting for Cisco switch ports to light up.
You could go to System,Registry and activate auth.login.krb5_debug
in a terminal to see what happened on the login process
It seems to delay after the login process. All the domain auth stuff seems to complete in 4-5 seconds, up to ‘Started IGEL rc_custom x11_final’, then the next line is 23 seconds later: ‘igelrm_agent[xxxxx]: ** Executing local command: change_advanced_tc_status’
Just to test, do you own a UD Pocket or a OS11 device? Would like to see if the issue persists on latest Firmware like 11.03.110.
No I’ve not updated any devices yet to OS11
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘When authenticating to the domain the logon process can take a good 10-20 seconds on IGEL OS 10, any way to speed this up?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?