Hello everyone, I was wondering in which case the H264 vdpau codec should be enabled ?
Hello Jonathan, which kind of Terminalserver/VDI Architecture are you using?
Do you mean in general: what advantages bring h264?
Oh, and one last thing, VDPAU is meant for (mostly) Nvidia GPUs.
In my understanding, h264 has not to be explicit enabled on the Igel side, if you use grid with h264 policy on your citrix side, the Igel client will use the Codec, too. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Little bit confused about that, too.
@member we are using HP T630 (AMD GX-420GI). I was wondering if the h264 vdpau codec could improve the graphics performance. It’s unclear if this codec is supported with HP T630, I know h265 is but I don’t see any support from the Citrix Linux Workspace App yet.
Newer AMDs are (from what I recall) covered by the VDPAU, even if this feature isn‘t 100% reliable in combination with Citrix. It‘s worst a try!
Might be „AMDGPU PRO proprietary driver is built on top of AMDGPU driver and supports both VA-API and VDPAU“ but have to double check.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to Open Firewall Ports Required by IGEL UMS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?