When I rename a Thinclient within the UMS, the local name change takes long to reflect the change. Is this normal and/or does it need a valid license to be changed at all?
Yes, it’s „normal“ we normally advice to reboot the device to have it working more quickly. No, it‘s independent from a license.
Forgot to mention that I rebooted it already two times and executed the “Settings UMS->TC” but still see the ITC0800….
what gives you a cat /etc/hostname ? Same thing? I assume you already changed the priority in our UMS: kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-5.09/en/thin-client-network-settings-4252982.html
@member Have a look at your DNS Servers, probably there is still the old hostname registered. have seen this when DHCP server does the DNS update. Manually cleanup of the orphaned DNS entries usually helps.
Rule of thumb after renaming that I’ve found helps: 1) push settings ums > TC and then 2) reboot
@member Hi Udo, did it work?
At the end yes, sorry for the missing answer. Was a new lab on my Mac and network set wrong 😞
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘When I rename a Thinclient within the UMS, the local name change takes long to reflect the change?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”