@member for upgrading remote TC’s via ICG (using S3), what is the correct package to download from on this site www.igel.com/software-downloads/workspace-edition/ All the TC’s are Dell PC’s that have already been converted and are running IGEL OS 11 (older version). I think this is the file I want
However, when I extract it, there is no osiv.inf as outlined on page 35 of this document. www.igel.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/IGEL-OS-Firmware-Updates-Step-by-Step-Guide.pdf
Hrmm, just looking at the date of that document, I wonder if it is for OS10.
I haven’t gone to that version. Sorry. I wasn’t looking close enough. That is typically the one I use.
Are you still on OS10?
That‘s 100% correct @member, just unpack it to the webserver, check the content with a Webbrowser and you should be good!
Thanks, when creating the profile, what file do I point it at? In the document it says I need to reference osiv.inf in the URL (S3)
lxos.inf is needed.
No, file, just the folder.
Aha! Thank you as always
Perhaps I will blog about setting this up. I am sure others could use it.
Here is how I got firmware upgrades working via ICG and AWS S3. mybrokencomputer.net/t/upgrade-igel-os-using-igel-cloud-gateway-icg-and-s3/115
@member Is this an idea for Blogpost?
@member you are gold!!
Love it!!! Great job
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘When upgrading remote IGEL OS devices via ICG (using Amazon S3), what is the correct package to download?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?