When using appliance mode – citrix storefront (OS11) I noticed that when a user authenticates to storefront and after that leaves his device -for a meeting- the session does not time-out but stays authenticated forever. Look like a security issue but please correct me if i’m wrong ?! Sync citrx password does not work in appliance mode.
In general, I would use the screensaver combined with a conditional command like: logoff which would logoff the local Igel User and brings it back to login screen after the screensaver starts. Would that help?
@member Thanks for the quick reply. That would help but I think the timeout should work ‘out of the box’ in appliance mode without the need for extra settings deep down in the profile.
To use the countdown timer in Appliancemode – citrix storefront the commands mentioned in kb.igel.com/igellinux/en/configuring-a-conditional-countdown-and-command-4237879.html should be ‘pgrep selfservice’ and ‘killall selfservice’
Configure timeout in Citrix SF follow:
Citrix Workspace app for Windows and Citrix Workspace app for Linux. After logging out from the current session, you may see Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops in the background. However, you should enter your credentials again when you click on any app or desktop after the StoreFront session timeout.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘When user authenticates to Citrix Storefront and leaves his IGEL OS device the session does not time-out but stays authenticated forever’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”