Possibly dumb question, but when using an external FTP server, are the clients going to contact the FTP server directly to pull firmware down? Or are clients going to go through UMS still somehow? Trying to determine whether or not we have to open port 21 from the FTP server to our clients.
They will connect directly to the FTP server if you have the profile setup to point to the FTP server.
Setup in the profile here?
I ask because I’ve never setup any FTP server in the profile. When I ran updates, I’d simply attach the firmware file to the directory that we wanted to update, and that was it.
I don’t know if this is best practice, but if I just set the above profile to use FTP and check for FW at boot, then attach the firmware in the UMS console to the directory I want to update, it seems to work.
The FW update PDF I was given a long time ago isn’t clear, but it sounds like they want me creating a profile for each FW version, filling out all of those fields as such:
You can have a single profile, but then you have to change the FW version in it when you want to update
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘When using an external FTP server for IGEL OS updates are the clients going to contact the FTP server directly to pull firmware down? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS