Having some audio issues on 11.05.100 with Chromium and Citrix and a headset.
We have a browser session running WebRTC and a browser session to our Citrix Storefront. The moment WebRTC starts making use of the headset, the sound in Citrix is gone or redirected to the internal speakers. Only the microphone continues to work. Even after WebRTC isn’t using the headset speakers anymore, the sound won’t come back on in Citrix. The headset speakers are visible in the playback devices control panel, and can be tested, but no sound is heard.
On 11.03.580 we use the same configuration with gstreamer set to automatic or 0.10, and with Firefox instead of Chromium, and there it’s fine.
I’ve tried changing the Gstreamer version to Automatic, 0.10 and 1.0 but to no avail.
Any idea what I’m doing wrong?
you cannot use the audio device in two sessions at the same time
What are your configuration on Citrix? You have configured this option?
That didn’t help much I’m afraid
What is the reason for using two different sessions with the same audio device at the same time?
It’s a legal topic, voice calls aren’t allowed within Citrix
I dont know this before, so its maybe a special policy in your country or company? So you need to open the browser for your phone app and in parallel the citrix session.
There is a way only to push the used and needed devices to Citrix and the another only use local.
This for local: (see image inside the IGEL Community on Slack)
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘When WebRTC starts making use of the headset, the sound in Citrix is gone or redirected to the internal speakers on IGEL OS 10.05.100’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?