Where is the rdp license stored on the igel device (OS 5.13.110.01)? I need to clear the license cache due to some licensing problems. On a fat client windows machine this is stored on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftMSLicensing, however I cannot find the location on the igel (factory reset did not clear the cache..)
Hi @member what licensing problems are you having? IGEL OS contains a variant of FreeRDP, open-source 3rd-party RDP client, i.e. not Microsoft software.
Some thin clients (about 6) are complaining about not having a RDP license, I have plenty of licenses avaiable on my license sever, but somehow the Igel is not ‘renewing’ the license.
I experienced this issue on a windows client, deleted the registry key and the problem is solved.
I experienced this issue on an IGEL an updating to V10 did solve the issue, unfortunately the other thin clients are not capable of upgrading.
I tried to factory reset the IGEL, same problem….
Do you have an error message?
these are per-device cals
Can you change to per-user? Maybe you are running out of licenses
I have plenty of licenses available, on a brand new IGEL, this works as expected (so I can distribute new licenses).
The problematic IGELS are not found in the Remote Desktop license manager, the new IGEL is getting a new CAL and is reported in the RD License manager.
After googling this online it looks like there may be an issue with per-device CALs in older versions of FreeRDP. That explains why it works when you update
I have about 70 IGELS running the same OS version, without any problems.
OK, that is very strange. I have no idea 😕
I changed the network name and it seems now the device is getting a license!
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Citrix Optimized Teams user’s call crash when attempting to share screen on IGEL OS