Anyone know where the “Asset ID” is stored on the device? I want to create a script to dynamically set this, as opposed to having somebody edit that field in the UMS console. I know PSIgel can do this, but that’s not what I’m looking for here.
No idea but you can use “ums_structure_tag” maybe?
Awesome, that gets me 90% there. Since I’m trying to enter the converted hardware model (“ThinkCenter M93”), it looks like it omits anything after the space. It’s showing up as “ThinkCenter” in the field when using _MODEL=$(dmidecode -t system | grep “Version” | cut -c 11-)_ as the code.
Adding quotes around that worked, so I’m all set. You’re the man, Markus!
All kudos to @member! Iam just linking Threads 🙂
Let’s hope I never have to actually use Structure Tags for their intended purpose then…
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Where the “Asset ID” is stored on the IGEL OS device?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS