So the auto-register to UMS has been kind of flaky. Sometimes it works, other times i have to reboot the device after applying igel os before it auto-registers. Are there any logs i can dive into to help identify why this behavior is spotty?
Hi James. In the UMS console in UMS administration part, Logging – did you activate the logging?
On the client the context menu allows you to see the corresponding messages.
Yes, logging is enabled. I found the “Messages” log file and was searching through that. Does it overwrite itself after every reboot? It also looks like an OS10 was trying to license as OS11 and failing (because we have no OS11 licenses in ums)
You have to set a clean log task under administrative tasks.
Ok, I didn’t want it to 🙂 Just making sure it didn’t wipe out any data.
But take care about storage as logs can crow 😉 task can be set to days or count of messages to be deleted
I see. Thanks 🙂 Do you know what directory the logs are stored or are they stored in the database?
rmguiserver > logs?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Where to find logs to help troubleshoot IGEL OS auto-registrations issues?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS