I’m sorry if this is already documented somewhere (I checked quickly, but didn’t see anything, and viewed the list of mounted filesystems to see what was/wasn’t tempfs). Which directories on the Igel thin client persist after a reboot? We are testing a new program that needs to store configuration settings. Are there any recommendations for the best place to save/persist configuration files?
Usually I prefer to create a specific partition
There, you would be sure to don’t interact with our productive partitons. /wfs/ is one of the persistent ones, which can be used for testing or if your script is light…
That’s odd…. I thought that /wfs was persistent, and that’s where the configuration file is. Oh, I have another idea for what is causing it. I think that a file rule is overwriting it. This might just be my oversight. 😞
If the file is too big, it will not persist in /wfs What’s too big? A file that doesn’t persist 🙂 Honestly, /wfs is not designed for anything other than the lightest of things. /custom is the way to go for more substantial items.
It’s just a small configuration file. I wrote a quick script to take care of it; the ‘file’ from the U.M.S. now has a different name, and if the actual configuration file isn’t there, it copies the renamed version to the correct name as the final desktop command.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Which directories on the IGEL OS thin client persist after a reboot? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?