Hi, there is a way to auto register new IGEL devices to UMS and place them in the right profile group but I can’t find where to config this. I found the Automatic Registration in Thin Client Network Settings but where do I config in which profile folder the Igel has to come?
Hi, It’s called Default directories, under UMS Administration
Did you meant that?
Yes, I think so. Will play with this the next days. My goal is that our clients don’t have to call their It guy or our Servicedesk for adding new Igels to UMS. Just power it out of the box and (maybe after a reboot) goooooo! 😉
should work this way…
But, do I have to enable the Automatic Registration also or is working with the Default Directories enough?
No, but it would makes sense. If not you would have to import new Endpoints by csv or manual creation
Yes, but when using Automatic Registration; how does it search for new Igels and can I adjust the time for that search (how often it searches) or am I thinking the wrong way?
@member almost every step should be described there!
Nice, got me some reading to do 🙂. But thanks for the help
I use is as well true A record works perfectly
and in UMS you can point them to a specific group
only thing you have to keep in mind that latency is some times a issue on your network and the igel (linux) boots really fast
so the setup page will be displayed and i have noticed that i have to reboot again for the auto enr to trigger
Another way is to import all ThinClients after you bought them. The seller (or Igel) can provide a list with all ThinClients you received. This way you can also put them in different folders if necessary. (Of course only valid if you bought Igel Hardware)
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Which profile folder do I configure Automatic Registration in Thin Client Network Settings on IGEL UMS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?