I need to know which url’s Igel UMS needs to acess on the internet, for example to download firmware updates etc. In the customers environment internet access is denied for all servers, and we need to provide a whitelist of URL’s per server.
Hello @member : edocs.igel.com/index.htm#16774.htm should give you all the needed infos
Is that the only time the UMS server needs internet access, for firmware updates, or are there more reasons for a UMS server to require internet access?
Usually, you would also need to contact the license server also: kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt/en/ums-contacting-the-licensing-server-3119036.html
But that should be the only moments where a connection is mandantory
@member if the UMS server isn’t allowed internet access you can always download the firmware updates on a machine that has access and then import the downloaded zip file into UMS.
Also license file download can be done from other machine and then imported to UMS.
Yep, so there is no need for a direct connection from UMS to our Servers but it is much more comfortable (especially in licensing actions)
Great, thanks all.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Which URL’s IGEL UMS needs to acess on the internet?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?