Hi all, anyone have any info on why CentOS isn’t a certified OS for UMS?
That’s a great question actually. Are you asking this because of the latest news about CentOS Stream?
I actually had not heard of that, thank you @member. Asking for a customer who uses CentOS widely in their environment. As I understand it CentOS is just a pared down community supported release of RHEL that has most of the same features and functionality, without the RH branded options of course. If they share the same kernel and maintain near-same feature parity I guess I don’t understand the why of not listing it as supported.
I have actually never used CentOS or RHEL myself. And unfortunately I don’t know if there was a reason behind IGEL not adding CentOS to the list of supported environments
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?