Hi all, anyone have any info on why CentOS isn’t a certified OS for UMS?
That’s a great question actually. Are you asking this because of the latest news about CentOS Stream?
I actually had not heard of that, thank you @member. Asking for a customer who uses CentOS widely in their environment. As I understand it CentOS is just a pared down community supported release of RHEL that has most of the same features and functionality, without the RH branded options of course. If they share the same kernel and maintain near-same feature parity I guess I don’t understand the why of not listing it as supported.
I have actually never used CentOS or RHEL myself. And unfortunately I don’t know if there was a reason behind IGEL not adding CentOS to the list of supported environments
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?