Hi, does anybody know when OS10 will support smartcard with OpenVPN or is there a beta version perhaps?
I don’t know if it will, as OS 10 has reached EOL and is only getting maintenance patches
thank you, and how is it for OS 11?
We evaluated OS11 but even there OpenVPN with smartcard support is missing.
Hi Christian, which kind of Smartcard informations would you like to use for your OpenVPN Connection? As a dual factor?
Do you have the client config that would have to be added on IGEL OS to get it up&running?
Hi Sebastien, we want to use our user certificates from our PKI. According to the IGEL manual there should be an option for smartcard and eToken but we don’t have that option in the session drop down of the OpenVPN client session configuration.
Hi Christian, got your point. Not sure if that would help, but on newer 11.03.587, there is an option for Smartcard eToken:
On 11.03.580 the option is missing:
I can’t even select it as an auth type:
Will send you an PM with 587 and an RC for 11.04 but both please only as Testfirmware😁
Sorry guys, but there’s no support for Smartcards/etoken in OpenVPN anymore in OS10 and OS11. It was there in OS5 but we had problems to migrate it and there was no demand at the time, so it was discontinued.
Ok! Thanks Jo!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Will IGEL OS 10 support smartcard with OpenVPN or is there a beta version perhaps?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?