I would like to deploy IGEL clients to several office sites in the company I work for.
The requirement is that these clients will be used for shared/team video conferencing purposes, i.e. they will provide access to Google Meet, Teams and Zoom.
Do you think that IGEL UD3 clients will be able to provide the necessary CPU power to run these in a local Chrome browser and also future proof us if it comes to the UD3 hardware for this use case?
If not, what other IGEL UDx client you recommend?
Yes UD3 or similar hardware from IGEL Ready partners will do the trick. For Web camera, Logitech C930e or similar functionality — www.logitech.com/en-us/products/webcams/c930e-business-webcam.960-000971.html
You can have native CP for Zoom or Teams and can be found here:
I would recommend the UD3 too, but I recommend too to test the UD3 in your company, you can contact you IGEL local sales representative to get a test device. 😉 We have the UD2 in our company and do local video conferencing on this device too and I can say it works, they are a little slow but can handle video conferencing. But the UD3 will better cover your needs.
Thanks a lot for your help, it’s been really useful.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Will IGEL UD3 clients provide the necessary CPU power for Google Meet, Teams and Zoom calls?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS