Hi all! I’m getting a really bizarre keyboard issue. iGel OS 11.05.120 in a VMWare Horizon 8 environment. While in the remote session, in any application (Word, Notepad, Zoom, etc) the displayed keystroke is consistently one behind. It won’t show the last character you typed until you type the next one, no matter how long you wait. Has anyone every experienced something like this before? It’s happening to all users.
Hi Nicholas, no I didn’t but let me ask: corded or wireless keyboard? What kind of Hardware are you using on this endpoint?
Like described it’s the in(famous) graphics artefact when DRI2 is used and not a keyboard issue.
Blast’s H264 based hw acceleration has a problem that the last rendered video frame is not displayed in some cases like typing and so the last key stroke doesn’t show up on the screen at the right time.
Fixed by enabling this IGEL Registry key: x.drivers.use_dri3
This setting is not the default because the Citrix based counter part has still problems with their hw acceleration when DRI3 is used.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘With VMware Horizon 8 on IGEL OS, the displayed keystroke is consistently one behind’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS