we’re trying to get a labelprinter ZEBRA GK420D off to work, but it doesn‘t work. The first problem is that zebra does not have a driver for linux devices and the second is, that we’re not able to add a printer with Cups. Does anyone had a similar problem or a solution? The printer is connect via USB.
Thank you in advance!
Hi @member, Do you have the Zebra drivers on the terminal server or VDI? Are you using RDP, Citrix or VMware?
We’re using RDP. The drivers are on the server.
Hi, did you tried to follow the following tutorial kb.igel.com/igelos/en/printer-2720529.html and map the printer to RDP ? You don‘t need a local printer driver essentially, Raw can be enough. the Custom Windows driver name should be the key and has to match 100% the Windows driver name
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘ZEBRA GK420D labelprinter not working in IGEL OS? Any recomendations? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”