is a wildcard certificate supported with the ICG 2.01.110? I’m trying to install ICG using latest UMS. Prior I’ve imported the whole cert chain + public/private key of the wildcard certificate which is issued by a public CA. I’m able to install the ICG on the Ubuntu Server and will be asked afterwards for the Displayname, Host and Host (external). Unfortunately i can only select the hostnames, which are included in the certificate: *.domain.com domain.com and domain.com domain.com. Of course the hostname for the ICG should be something like icg.domain.com icg.domain.com
I’ve checked KB, Getting Started Guide and the recent Youtube video from Udo and Raphael. Thanks!
Hi Philipp. Yep, wildcard certs are supported. And your external address has to be conform with the cert. So where’s your problem?
Hi Udo, thanks for your reply. E.g. icg.domain.com icg.domain.com will be supported by the wildcard certificate .domain.com domain.com, but unfortunately i cannot edit the hostame to icg.domain.com icg.domain.com during the setup. Only .domain.com domain.com and domain.com domain.com are available from the drop down menu.
You can see the same at your Youtube video ICG Setup Part 1 at 30:27: youtu.be/U7ocNBKjeMk?t=1827
I didn’t use a wildcard, I used a self signed.
Hey Philipp – have you tried a manual install instead? You’re right – looks like the remote installer forces you to that drop-down. The manual adding of ICG bypasses that (free text field).
Thanks for your help, appreciate it! I can confirm, both answers are valid 🙂 Interesting: manual adding the ICG provides a free text field for the external host name, while the remote installer does not.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Are wildcard certificate supported with the IGEL ICG 2.01.110?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS