Our customer hopes to shorten booting time on IGEL OS device. Is there any setting we can do on the IGEL OS? For example, power-off option or others? Please help to have your recommendations. Thanks.
Hello Aaron, Just a few ideas to adapt:
1. disable all unused features.
2. disable IPv6
3. use a WOL and auto shutdown for energy saving after x hours idle
4. disable wait for network at starting a app
5. using hibernate or suspend instead of shutdown and start again.
6. Check for Bios Updates
7. Check with ctrl alt f10 during boot where it hangs
How often are you shutting them down? Honestly, it shouldn’t be required to reboot / shutdown unless you are making large changes to the OS, or running updates.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!