Does the UMS have built in variables to push device specific information? For example, can i set a session user name based off serial number using a variable like %serial%?
Yes you could use a system – firmware customization – custom commands – reconfiguration command like this for a Citrix username cobfig
Setparam sessions.pnlogin0.settings.username $(dmidecode -t system | grep -i “serial” | cut -c 17-)
Thanks. I will test this out.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Does the IGEL UMS have built in variables to push device specific information? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?