Does the UMS have built in variables to push device specific information? For example, can i set a session user name based off serial number using a variable like %serial%?
Yes you could use a system – firmware customization – custom commands – reconfiguration command like this for a Citrix username cobfig
Setparam sessions.pnlogin0.settings.username $(dmidecode -t system | grep -i “serial” | cut -c 17-)
Thanks. I will test this out.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Does the IGEL UMS have built in variables to push device specific information? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”