Does the UMS have built in variables to push device specific information? For example, can i set a session user name based off serial number using a variable like %serial%?
Yes you could use a system – firmware customization – custom commands – reconfiguration command like this for a Citrix username cobfig
Setparam sessions.pnlogin0.settings.username $(dmidecode -t system | grep -i “serial” | cut -c 17-)
Thanks. I will test this out.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Does the IGEL UMS have built in variables to push device specific information? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”