Need some info on how to account for Daylight Savings Time. Right now we’re doing our time zones via GMT+. The last Daylight Savings we had to update the GMT. Is there a way to set this up where the UMS automatically accounts for Daylight Savings? TIA
Hi Joseph, I‘m not that much experienced with different time zones so please excuse this dumb question, but what is the request you are looking for exactly?
We have terminals on different time zones across the USA. When Daylight Savings Time ended on November 1, 2020, we had to go in and update GMT on the profiles. For example, our time profile for Eastern Time Zone had to go from GMT+4 to GMT+5.
On March 14, 2021 Daylight Savings Time will start again. We’re looking to avoid having to update the profiles each time.
System > Time and Date > use NTP Time Server
I am using our NTP Time Server in the profiles. What should be set for Timezone/Location?
Such as Timezone: America; Location: NYC, Chicago, Denver, Phoenix, Los Angeles …
They will update based on Daylight saving change
So the UMS will automatically update the clients if I have it set by Location? For example, set all our Central Time Zone terminals to Location: Chicago.
Technically the device will update itself. It uses the location set to adjust the time for DST.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to configure the IGEL UMS automatically accounts for Daylight Savings?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?