I’ve been given a task to create as sleek a look as possible with an IGEL desktop. I’m wondering, does anyone know if it’s possible to have the taskbar be transparent? I thought about trying the old “insert background image that matches wallpaper”, but that doesn’t render the same on every screen. I know there’s the option to have the taskbar hide, but I also have the instruction that this layout must be as easy to use as possible. Hiding a taskbar would be considered too complicated, I know, I’m shaking my head too. I appreciate the thoughts and assistance!
Please try in our Registry (System=>Registry): windowmanager.wm0.variables.taskbaropacity.enter at 80 and change windowmanager.wm0.variables.usecompositing to enable
Have a look at @member’s “How to Customize the IGEL OS User Interface Guide”. Alot of good tips in there for making the desktop looking awesome
Thank you @member for where to look, I can’t believe I missed that one. :woman-facepalming: And thank you for the link @member I didn’t realize there was a guide with so much information, this is great! 😃
No problem @member glad the guide is helpful.
Thanks! I remember trying a couple users ago to customize it. Since the Igel thin clients use X.F.C.E. (is that because its logo is a cute mouse and Igel’s is a hedgehog? 🙂 ), and the panel looks like xfce4-panel, I was trying to modify xfce4-panel.xml, but my changes didn’t work. It looks this is much easier, so it’s good to know!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to make the IGEL OS taskbar be transparent? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS