I’ve always thought that if I remove a profile in UMS from a folder, the thinclients should automatically fall back to the default settings; e.g. I enable a checkbox somewhere in the profile, while the default for this checkbox is disabled. Then I remove/delete the profile. Shouldn’t the client revert to “disabled”? I’ve observed that in the local config of the client the checkbox remains “enabled”.
Is that expected behavior? In the IGEL docs I read about removing profiles: “This profile will now no longer affect the individual device(s) in the directory. The overwritten value for the settings is reset to the value which was valid before the profile was assigned.”
So did I observe some kind of a bug? Or do I have to revert settings before removing the profile? 😶
I’m expecting the same like you do: it should revert the value to the value set locally.
So, interesting would be: reset the device to factory defaults, reregister, assign profile and remove it again. How does it evolve then?
Hi! I’ll try the factory reset 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL OS is not reverting to ‘default’ behavior after removing assigned profile’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS