Greetings. I am having trouble locating the network name of some IGEL devices. Since we skip past the initial IGEL boot screen, is there a keyboard shortcut perhaps where I can have that screen come up so I can see the network name, IP address etc? Appreciated!
Check out the TC Info section here: github.com/IGEL-Community/
My apps’s code:
cat <<“EOF” > /tmp/tcinfo
notify-send-message -t 20000 -i /usr/share/icons/IGEL-Basic/categories/64/igel-network.png
“Hostname: $(cat /etc/hostname)”
chmod +x /tmp/tcinfo
In the application itself, I enable appliance mode access and set a hotkey so that users can get to it from anywhere.
Okay thanks I am checking it out now. In my case as a newbiw, I deployed a handful of them without creating a workflow that imported their old host names (hospital patient room numbers) which is rather handy. I want to label these endpints as well, but can’t get the IP or regualr host name 🙂 Be nice if I could just get to that little network try icon or something liek you have as well
I just changed the icon in the app. Here’s the profile if you want to play around with it on your end.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL OS Keyboard shortcut where I can have that screen come up so I can see the network name, IP address etc?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?