I am planing to deploy a new UMS Server (no migration). I am considering using Ubuntu 18.04 as server os, instead of Windows Server this time.
Anybody here that would advice against the UMS installation and usage on Linux?
Never😃 I cannot complain about any kind of issues on Linux.
Our UMS is installed on 16.04. Solid as a rock.
In my testing, Linux has worked quite well, both for the U.M.S., database, and (obviously) the I.C.G. Unfortunately, in my company production and testing environments, I’ve been required to use Windows, so I can’t verify that in a large production environment.
I run all my stuff on Ubuntu 18.04.
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?