IN the UMS we change the device name from the ITC number to our asset number, how do we make it the host name on the laptops.
In IGEL Setup would be the easiest way:
On each device?
Well, that would be the way from the endpoint. What are you trying to achieve exctly?
i guess @member is looking for:
Just want each device to have its asset ID number rather than the UMS assigned one. No big deal if I have to go into each device,
Ok, that‘s another story then. Where is the Asset ID coming from on your side?
@member i still think he renames the devices in the UMS (so far so good) but the hostname on the device does not make that change. am i getting this right @member ? if not, then i let it go 😉
hmm, when I change the name in UMS, by right-clicking on the device and selecting rename, I will then click save and then do a UMS to device to push all the settings and such. That works 99% of the time for me.
Asset ID comes from a spreadsheet, renaming the device does not change it on the device, as if I look in Citrix it has the UMS name.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘In the UMS we change the device name from the ITC number to our asset number, how to change it on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”