NEW Tech-Tip Tuesday Video – How to Use Buddy Update to Update IGEL OS
Watch this IGEL Tech-Tips Tuesday video to learn how to use the IGEL Buddy Update feature.
The idea behind Buddy Update is to allow remote IGEL OS endpoints to update from a local Buddy Update Server vs. all remote devices contacting the IGEL OS UMS to download the new IGEL OS version. This result in much less bandwidth usage across slower WAN links.
Presented by Sebastian Perusat, IGEL Community FELLOW.
In this video, Sebastien will teach you how to:
• Create the Buddy Master role
• Update the Buddy Master
• Create the Buddy Slave role
• Debug the Slave
• Additional important information
Buddy updates have been a blessing!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘NEW Tech-Tip Tuesday Video – How to Use Buddy Update to Update IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS