I have a need to rebuild my UMS server. At what point is it recommended to do an HA installation? Originally I was setup on a single server using the embedded database. My device count is currently about 1200.
Well, since the HA module is included by default in the WE License, this topic comes quite often. Let me give you my suggestion: 1200 is a higher amount of endpoints but not such high as it requires a HA. It’s more a question of redundancy. A second thing: it might have a slight performance improvement but only if we speak about the external DB, so HA isn’t required here. So IMHO, you should be good with one server, an external DB might reprensent an improvement!
If the 1200 clients are logging in lets say around 8 and 8.15 or 8.30 am every day, then it would be a good idea to use HA as every endpoint is contacting the UMS at startup.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘At what point is it recommended to do an IGEL UMS HA installation?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?