We’re currently licensing ‘thick clients’ with licensed IGEL OS installed. We plan on swapping these out with thin clients eventually. Will it be possible to transfer licenses from these clients to the new thin clients? If so, where can I find more info about this?
With OS11 and under maintenance you’re eligible to port a license from one device to another, not matter if IGEL device, fat client or thin client of other vendors.
Go to the ILP, delete the Mac address of the device you want to release the license from and assign it to the new one from within the UMS.
Thank you for the quick reply
Remember to download the license file afterwards for the new device, as it won’t get synced automatically
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I transfer an IGEL OS 11 license from a fat client (converted) to an IGEL OS thin client? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?