Viewers folder is empty, but when deleting the folder it shows that their are items still attached
Hi @member, have the old thin clients been deleted from the Recycle Bin? This may be the root of the problem.
No, they still existed in the recycle bin
After removing them, could you delete the folder without a problem?
i’ll give it a try. Just concerned that if I delete from the recycle bin, the thin client will again lose the certificate…thanks
Hi, good point, the certificate WILL be lost! 😐
The mistake was to base a new UMS environment off an existing one.. because all the thin clients will then be under control of the new one as well as the old one. IT would have been better to start with a fresh UMS install and import any profiles needed from the old UMS
Right, now we know, but too late at this point. Do you know of a way to break the link on these thin clients that are in the recycle bin?
Not really. To be honest I would just turn off that UMS and install a new one, and go from there., and scan in the new thin clients as needed
ok thank you
Another thing noticed is that both UMS environments use the same Certificate Serial Number. Are we going to run into other problems in the future by having duplicate certificate serial numbers? Is there a way to change the serial number without impacting thin clients? I’m attaching a picture of where we see the certificate detail showing the serial number.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can’t delete a Viewers folder – says it is items still attached when they are not?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”