Hey Guys, I was at the ICE training at Synergy last week and they said something about being able to setup a windows share for UMS graphics, such as screensavers. I am really wanting to put the task of updating kiosk in Marketing’s hands instead of IT so I was wondering if anyone knows of documentation on how to get this setup and configured in UMS. Thanks!
Hey Shanna, I would start this way:
1) Create a profile where you map the samba share from the endpoint: kb.igel.com/igelos-10.05.500/en/windows-drive-8620357.html
2) Create then a Profile where your background (a.e.) points as file to your file kb.igel.com/igelos/en/creating-your-own-wallpaper-via-a-profile-7119669.html
@member seems as though this option is only for wallpaper and not screensavers?
No, it shouldn‘t😊
Here replace /custom/ by the path to your samba mounted share and you should be good!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to setup a windows share for UMS graphics, such as screensavers?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?