We have problems with our thin clients (UD3) that they “lose” the connection to the UMS. The problem occurs sporadically, we have already checked the network hardware and replaced it. This problem does not affect all clients either, only a few clients. After a restart or network reconnect, the problem has disappeared for a short time. Settings are then also not adopted by the UMS.
Which UMS Version are you using?
6.05.100 (Build 47020)
Just to be clear, are you facing an issue or only the red cross on the Igel Info?
If it were just the red cross, I would be happy. 🙂
At irregular intervals, some clients can no longer be managed or are no longer accessible. When this happens, the red cross can be seen on the clients. In this case, only a reconnect from the network or a restart of the thin client will help to solve the problem. They can then be managed again via the UMS.
Are you using ICG as well?
We don’t use ICG yet.
Please open a ticket, we received a couple of feedbacks where this situation were reported but I couldn‘t reproduce it on my side.
I have seen the same after upgrading clients from 11.02 to 11.04.110. I’ve tried several things: 1. Booting to Verbose mode and seeing if device connect at that time. 2. Seeing if a factory reset fixes it (jury is still out). 3. Plugging into different port, playing with cabling. 4. Swapping the network cable – currently my goto solution as it seems to fix the problem fairly consistently.
I have a feeling that upgrading to 11.04 has triggered this behaviour, and my current working theory is that it is less tolerant of network faults. I’m getting units that were working on 11.02, but stop working after 11.04. As strange as it seems, and it took a while to get to this point (since it happens quite rarely), swapping the network cable (in nearly all cases) seems to have resolved issues where the IGEL is stuck at “Network connecting LAN DHCP” type messaging. The system doesn’t connect to the local LAN connection.
Unfortunately it’s rare enough that I cannot reproduce on demand.
After we updated our UMS to version 6.05.110, the problem has disappeared. We will keep an eye on it.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL OS thin clients (UD3) loses connection to the UMS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS