Does anyone know if IGEL Client 10.05.800.01 is compatible with the latest UMS version 6.07.100? We are planning plan to upgrade our IGEL environment gradually, so we wanted to start with the UMS server followed by the clients. The clients would get upgraded to IGEL OS11 throughout the year. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks
Hi Danny, yes, this version combination should be compatible. Not saying “is“ because every environment / installation is different😌
We were also considering upgrading our clients to OS11 first and leave them on the existing UMS ( 6.01.130). So once all clients are upgraded we can upgrade the UMS. Is this approach any safer?
I would always say: UMS first if no rush is needed, then IGEL OS. Just because some feature from the OS might be missing in UMS. If they are security concerns: always IGEL OS first.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is IGEL Client 10.05.800.01 is compatible with the latest UMS version 6.07.100?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS