Is there a setting for wireless to use 5.GHz preferred over 2.4GHz? I do not want to limit the devices to only 5GHz I did see the setting for wireless mode to limit to a/n. Any suggestions?
imo it is a case for client/band steering of the wifi controller. just have a ssid on APs which have radios in 2,4 and 5 ghz on the ssid.
and in the wifi-profile on the devices configure said ssid
@member You could check, System, registry, network.interfaces.wirelesslan.802_11_h and
jup what @member mentioned – we use band steering on AP/controller for this
We have that configured now Falk. The problem is we want the devices to connect to 5.GHz first if posable it seems they all connect to the 2.4GHz. I did make a Profile like you suggested Sebastien choosing 5.GHz (default is 2.4GHz-5.GHz) and found out a few devices did not have a 5GHz radio. So I had to copy my device group and remove the profile from the new device group and put the older devices in it. We are in the United States so 802-11-h would not do anything for us.
@member you are maybe? mixing things up. If you have (correctly) configured band steering, then the wifi controller puts the clients in to the best fitting band that they can use. In this case you cannot restrict the clients to either 2,4 or 5 ghz. It is also possible that the wifi controller puts 5 ghz able clients in the 2,4 band if it suits its purpose (e.g. 5 ghz band full).
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a setting for IGEL OS wireless to use 5.GHz preferred over 2.4GHz? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?