Hi all, I have an UD3-LX41 with LX_5.13.110.01 firmware installed. Although the information file says the LX_10.05.500 is compatible with UD3-LX41, the UMS hits me on the fingers telling me the firmware is not compatible with my device. Anyone an idea whats the matter? 🙂
Hi Daniel, there are a couple of points to be aware of with this before you proceed. Firstly that model originally shipped with 1GB RAM so would need a RAM upgrade to 2GB to take the Update. Secondly, because there are limitations with the 64 bit graphics drivers for the VIA Chipset that device runs, you won’t be able run Multi monitor extended desktop on this model if you update to V10 of our OS. It will only work with a mirrored desktop if you use more than 1 screen. If that would cause an issue for you I would stick to running V5 on this model of device.
@member you may also try the Firmware Upgrade Tool on Endpoint side to see which components aren‘t compatible:
🙂 thx guys!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘My IGEL OS device should be upgradable to the latest firmware but UMS tells me it is not compatible, why?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS