Network problems with 11.04.100 and newer
Till 11.03.580 we had no problems with network connections. After updating to 11.04.100 or 11.04.200 network connection is not possible anymore. Solution for us is to change network cables and patch cables from 4 wires to 8 wires. What is causing this problem? Of course the wires have to be changed soon, because they are too old, but I have to update some Igel to 11.04.200 to get rid of the screen recognizing problems. Most Igel have to use 2 monitors. Is there a registriy key to disable or enable a feature?
Hello, maybe try setting fixed transmission rates on Switch / IGEL. I had issues like that on various network devices with only 4 wires. Didnt observe it with Igel yet, but might be worth a try.
I think the newer network stack on 11.04 is less tolerant of bad cables and/or has issues autonegotiating them down – try forcing 10 or 100 mbit via a profile
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?