Hello All, Any recommendation for IGEL printing with CVAD with UPD?
Installed the print driver on Citrix servers for allowing printer mapping from Linux/MacOS – support.citrix.com/article/CTX140208
Client printer mapping is fine after installing above driver but the print jobs are not coming through.
We are using client redirected printers with Citrix UPD.
Hello Srinivasan, this one is going to provide you with hours and hours of fun. For Mac endpoints with XenDesktop (7.15.4000) I could solve it with this download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2011/07/4753_fc148f3df197a4c5cf20bd6a8b337b444037655f.cab Driver which I got trough this github.com/thomaskrampe/PowerShell/blob/master/Citrix/XenDesktop/InstallHPLJ2800PSDriver.ps1 Source.
I didnt test it with Linux (Igel OS).
Best of luck 🙂
Print is getting redirected to Citrix session after installing the printer, only issue is print jobs not sent to the printer.
• Were you able to print successfully on MacOS?
• Are you using Citrix UPD?
Hi @member, the move to install the Universal Printer is one thing, but you also have to configure your local printer connected to the endpoint. Check if you can print locally (eg using the browser). Overall it should work like this: the remote desktop uses it’s universal printer driver to connect to the cups printers on the endpoint. So the endpoint must provide the driver needed to print.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Recommendation for IGEL printing with CVAD with UPD?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS