Hey does anyone know which USB WiFi dongle work with Igel OS? So far we can’t find one from the HW compatibility DB that actually works. Some don’t show up as device at all and others the WiFi association fails .
Hey! From what I’m telling our customers:
some RAlinks Chipsets work really fine
We are having trouble with StarTech , will not join any WiFi network we point it at.
Oh, ok, good to know! TPLink and Edimax work both great in my home Lab (had to check it out first).
Any gotchas anyone has experienced ? We use Meraki WiFi gear .
Have a german customer using Meraki APs, will ask for experience tomorrow!
Hi @member what firmware are you on?
Realtek 8812 or 8811 are working quite well, too. Suppliers are either “Alfa Networks” or “LM Technologies”
@member got the same issue with TP-Link TL-WN823N as they can see wifi ssids but will not connect, also issue some SSIDs with a strong signal
Disable backport drivers that fixed it
Works like a charm.
Yeah, the backport drivers are a good point to look at 🙂
fyi @member, @member, @member.. I may try the Realtek 8812 or 8811
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Recommendations for USB WiFi dongle that work with IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS