Hey people, can I simply install Igel Universal Desktop OS3 on a Universal Desktop LX? Do I have to change licenses or something???
You can but converting igel devices (on OS10) means to buy new UDC licenses.
In that case you would reinstall the Igel OS for foreign hardware on our own.
On OS11, it doesn‘t matter anymore.
Is there a specific usecase?
I have different Igels and I’d like to have a homogen system
So if I would like to change from Universal Desktop LX – I have to buy new licenses?
I don’t like to have “only 1 Igel” with Desktop OS…
Yes, ok. Then, if you can‘t upgrade to OS11 where there isn‘t a difference anymore, you could ask for a bunch of UDC3 licenses to convert them (if that makes sense from a monetary perspective😄).
Technically there is no real difference in functionality between the two versions. And buying UDC3 means you will also need to purchase a Maintenance subscription for each device for at least one year… Personally I wouldn’t change anything if there is only a different name shown inside UMS 🙂
Hmmm… alright! Thanks anyway 🙂
Im a genius, I just made the old master with 10.05.500 UDC-LX to a normal client and made the DesktopOS3-Igel now a master as a “one of his kind” haha
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Can I simply install IGEL Universal Desktop OS3 on a Universal Desktop LX? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”