Are there any gotchas or considerations for changing the IP address of a UMS server besides updating the igelrmserver DNS record?
Some devices may n ot connect again until rebooted if they stored the IP Address. They _should_ check igelrmserver if they cannot connect
Thanks Christopher. What about in terms of ICG? Anything of potential concern there?
You may want to uninstall ICG, and reinstall it once you re-IP UMS.
If you change the IP of the ICG you may run into greater issues
Yeah, no plans to change ICG IP address. And actually, there’s no urgency to re-IP the UMS. We’re looking to migrate the UMS to a different VMware Cluster at another data center, which does not include the same subnet. However, there isn’t a demand to migrate it, just a slight desire.
Yea, I would recommend uninstalling ICG, moving UMS, and re-installing ICG
Just to make sure everything goes as smooth as possible
Will uninstalling and re-installing ICG cause a problem for the remote devices though?
Not as long as you reinstall using the same certificate. They should reconnect with no issue once ICG is back up. The worse that would happen is you may have to reboot some IGEL’s to get them to reconnect, but usually they reconnect after about 20~30 minutes on their own
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Considerations for changing the IP address of a IGEL UMS server?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?